iTunes Extras are like DVD to Blu-ray movies extras that play right inside iTunes on the Mac or Windows, and on your Apple TV. They can include director’s commentary, deleted scenes, bonus scenes, making-of documentaries, and other features. Not every movie has iTunes Extras, but for those that do, here’s how to find and enjoy them!
How to access iTunes Extras on the Apple TV
Unfortunately, there’s no way to tell if a movie has iTunes Extras just by looking at its poster thumbnail. You have to go to the detail view. That means it’s sort of like the memory game. Hopefully that’ll change in the near future.
- Click on the iTunes Movies icon on your Apple TV Home screen
- Navigate down to All Movies (or a selection of your preference)
- Navigate to the movie you want to watch
- If the movie has iTunes Extras, you’ll see the blue badge at the top right
- Click on Play
- Select Extras
- Navigate to the extra you want to watch.
Note: We’ve started a list of movies with iTunes Extras that show up on the Apple TV. Check it out and if you’ve found additional movies, please add them!